5 Ideas For Creating New Holiday Traditions After A Death
The holidays are a time for festivities and celebrations. You spend time with family and friends and have relaxed meals. However, if you have lost a loved one, you may not feel like participating in any of these things.
The traditions that you followed when the person was around may seem meaningless without them there. However, you can always create new traditions even after a person very close to you has passed away. It is an excellent way to honour their memory, and it also gives you a certain amount of peace. Here are five ideas for creating new holiday traditions after a death:
- No holiday dinner is complete without a special dessert. You can include a dessert that your loved one particularly relished or liked to cook.
- You can also play a musical tribute by playing the music that the person liked. It is one of the best ways to keep their memory alive. It is because music is everlasting, just like the memories that you have of your loved one.
- If someone else you know has also lost a loved one recently, invite that person over to your home to spend the holidays. It's a good way to create a new tradition.
- You can donate something to your loved one's favourite charity. This is something that you can do every year during Christmas time and the New Year.
- You can also create a remembrance tree to which you can add various ornaments each year.
The idea of doing all these things is to keep the memory of your loved one alive. Spend time with family and friends and cherish the moments that you spend with them, while you remember the person that has passed.
If you want to know more about our funeral services, feel free to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home today, and we'll be happy to help with all your specific needs.