Honouring and Coping with the Loss of Loved One
It is important to find ways to keep your loved one's memory close to you after their demise. It's possible that their death will be painful for you and other family members. However, those who are grieving find different ways to find solace in preparing for the day.
How to Honour Your Loved One’s Memory
At Wagg Funeral Home, we propose that you use the tips below for special occasions during the year, whether it's a holiday or just a day that you miss the one, you've lost.
- Pay a visit to the cemetery.
- Commemorate your loved one's departure by lighting a special candle.
- Create an archive for your memories. Decorate a small chest or shadow box with photographs and sketches or place published stories or keepsakes in it. Include your children in the process of creating this special space.
- Take part in an activity that both you and the person enjoyed— even if it's as simple as going for a stroll or seeing a movie.
- Plant a special perennial in your backyard to serve as a constant reminder of the one you've lost.
- Create a memorial for the deceased.
Concentrate On Your Well-Being
Occasionally, family members, friends, & visitors will advise you to gather the pieces and get on with your existence. They may remind you that you have a family to look after and that you must maintain your composure and strength for them.
While it is important for you to be there for them through this trying time, it is also critical that you address the stress you are experiencing. It is never a wise decision to attempt to continue as if nothing had occurred. Eat well, rest, get some exercise, and de-stress, as this will help you cope with your loss.