Easy Ways to Personalize a Funeral Service on a Budget
Funerals can be very costly. Many families lack the financial means to pay for customized services and are forced to settle for a regular funeral service. There are, however, several ways to plan a cost-effective and customized funeral.
How to Arrange a Funeral Service on a Shoestring Budget
At Wagg Funeral Home, we feel that these tips will help you save a significant amount of money on a funeral:
- Follow A Theme - Create a theme that reflects your loved one’s personality. For instance, if the deceased was a jazz fan, play those symphonies during the service. This won’t cost too much but will still add a unique touch to the event.
- Arrange Memorable Items - Items that were meaningful to the decedent may be arranged around the casket to help revive memories. This is a beautiful way to add a personal touch without spending huge amounts of money.
- Recreate Pleasurable Memories - Recreating happy memories helps lift the spirits, at no extra cost. For instance, create a photomontage of all the cherished moments you shared with your loved one. Design a slideshow or feature video and play it during the service.
- Place Candles - Candles can help set the mood; they help to create a calm environment in an otherwise tense one. Additionally, you should spray perfume that the departed favored, around the casket; it’s a good way to bring back fond memories.
- A Significant Meal - The meal cooked for the relatives should represent the tastes of the deceased. Cook dishes that your loved one liked. This adds to the significance of the service, as everyone present will enjoy it and share memorable moments of the deceased.
If you want to know about our funeral or memorial services, don't hesitate to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home today and we'll be happy to help.