5 Interesting Facts About Cremation
Cremation is becoming more popular than burials for various reasons. Though this is an increasing trend, many people are still ignorant about the benefits of cremation. Here are 5 facts that may interest you:
1. Economical - A cremation dispenses the need to need to buy a burial place which is a major funeral cost. It does not require elaborate embalming of the body. You can keep an urn containing the ashes at home, in an urn vault or buried in a cemetery. Naturally, it becomes cheaper than a full-scale burial.
2. Portability - Ashes are portable while a burial place is fixed. You can carry ashes to any place of your choice. This option is especially suitable when families are scattered in different parts of the world.
3. Memorial Service Is Possible - A memorial service for the dead is important and you can hold it even if you choose a cremation. The family and friends of the deceased can visit the urn kept at your home or in a cemetery to pay respects to the deceased.
4. Environment-Friendly - If you are in search of an eco-friendly option for the dead, cremation is the answer. You do not need a plot of land and so the question of maintenance of a burial ground does not arise. You can put the ashes in an urn or scatter them in some place as per the deceased’s wishes. This makes it an environment friendly alternative to a burial.
5. Ashes Can Be Stored - Once a cremation process is over, you can preserve the ashes in an urn. What you do with the urn is your choice such as keeping it at home, burying it in a cemetery, or placing it in columbarium. You can pay your respects by visiting the place where the urn is kept.
If you want to know more about our funeral services, feel free to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home today and we’ll be happy to help with all your specific needs.