What Is Funeral Crowdfunding?
When a family member passes away, in addition to coming to terms with your loss, you also have to organize the funeral service in the best way you can. Most people that are handling this for the first time are shocked to realize that a funeral service can be quite expensive. On average it can cost anywhere between $7,000 and $10,000.
There is no fixed cost because the amount you pay is directly proportional to the types of services you opt for. Sometimes, these costs come on the heels of the medical expenses they have incurred before the death of their ailing loved one. All of this can become a financial burden, and many families find that they do not have the means to organize a proper funeral service.
This is where funeral crowdfunding comes into the picture. Today many families are opting for this as an alternative way of raising money for a decent funeral for their loved one. Here are some facts about funeral crowdfunding:
- Funeral crowdsourcing of crowdfunding is the method used to raise funds from the public for a funeral.
- This can be conducted via an online platform or by spreading the news through your friends and acquaintances.
- You will also find that there are several funeral fundraising websites where you can put in your requirements. These sites are exclusively set up for financing funeral services.
- You have to register on the website and set up your campaign. Upload the required photographs, set a timeframe, and goals for your campaign. You have to upload your bank information to receive donations from the public.
- This process can take some time. It means you would need to embalm your loved one's body till the time you have sufficient funds to organize the funeral.
If you want to know more about our range of funeral services, feel free to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home today, and we'll be happy to help with all your specific needs.