What is Direct Cremation Disposition?
Direct cremation disposition is an option in which the body is cremated quickly after the death. There is usually no funeral service held before the cremation. It is one of the most affordable funeral service options available.
Direct Cremation- Basic Features
- Direct cremation does not include a formal funeral, it doesn’t include any of the pre-funeral events. This helps save the expense you wouldn’t have been able to avoid in a traditional funeral.
- The decedent’s body is cremated directly after death.
- The body is cremated in a simple casket and not an elaborate, expensive one.
- There is no wake or visitation- this eliminates the need for embalming or having any other similar preparations.
- You can hold a simple memorial service at a later date and time, which will save you money, as opposed to having a tranditional funeral.
If you want to have a formal service as well as a direct cremation it will most likely be in the form of memorial service. However, if you want to have a service before the cremation it will be in the form of ”traditional” cremation rather than a direct one.
Arranging a Direct Cremation
The staff at the crematory will handle all aspects of the cremation, including getting the death certificate and also transportation of the body to the crematory; they will provide these services at a nominal fee. Funeral home charges differ from crematory charges. For detailed pricing structure and other details related to a cremation and related services feel free to contact us. Our experts will provide you with all the information you need.