Should I Pre-Pay for My Funeral?
Most people aren’t comfortable when talking about death and prefer to keep these thoughts at bay. However, there is a slow and steady trend of pre-planning and pre-paying for funerals. We do receive a lot of queries about this particular service and have seen an increase in the interest towards pre-planning and pre-paying for funerals. The fact is there are a number of benefits to this such as:
- The family doesn’t have to be saddled with the expenses for your funeral. This is especially beneficial if your family has modest means and may not be able to pay for your funeral comfortably.
- Since you would be pre-planning your funeral before paying for it, you have the option to choose every little aspect of the service. For example, if you do not have the traditional leanings, you can opt for a celebration of life rather than a standard funeral. Some people prefer the idea of cremation rather than burial, and this is something that can be discussed with the funeral director when you are pre-planning your funeral.
- When you plan everything in advance, it leaves very little scope for your family members to argue or have disagreements about how the service should be held.
- Pre-paying for a funeral is also a financially viable solution because you pay current day prices for future service. The amount that you pay doesn’t increase over time and your family wouldn’t have to pay any additional charges at the time of the funeral.
- Pre-planning and paying for the funeral is also a good way to take the burden of planning everything, off of your family’s shoulders. It gives them the time to grieve and interact with the rest of the people that are attending the service.
If you want to make an appoinbtment to discuss pre-arrangements with us or would like to know more about our services, feel free to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home today and we’ll be happy to help with all your specific needs.