Remembering the Departed at Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a time that you spend with family and friends. But it can be extremely difficult to get through the day, if you are reeling under the sorrow of losing a loved one. If you are mourning the death of a loved one, it can be extremely difficult to deal with all the emotions that surface during holiday season.
However, there are a number of different things you can do to remember the departed at thanksgiving. Here we take a look at some of them:
1. Decorate The Person’s Final Resting Place- Make a trip to the person’s final resting place along with your immediate family. Everyone can decorate the grave with flowers, candles, letters or any other mementos.
2. Design a Centerpiece- At the dining table, a centerpiece is unarguably one of the most vital aspects of a Thanksgiving meal. This decoration is highly visible at a table, and you can incorporate something special that reminds you of the person who has passed away.
3. Cook His/Her Favorite Dish- If your loved one liked a particular dish, make it a point to include it as part of your thanksgiving meal. You can also involve other family members in preparing that particular dish. It’s a great way to keep that person’s memory alive.
4. Create a Charming Memory Table- If you will be celebrating Thanksgiving dinner in your home with family and friends, you can pay tribute to your loved one by setting up a memory table. You can coordinate with your family members and encouraging to bring notes, mementoes and photographs. This is a good way to honor the memory of your loved one.
5. Make a donation to the person’s favorite charity- Helping someone in need around Thanksgiving, is a great way to remember the dear departed.
If you are grieving and need resources or information please reach out to us, we're happy to help in any way we can. For information about our funeral services, feel free to contact us at Wagg Funeral Home at 905-985-2171 or through our online form.